I am over the moon EXCITED to announce that I'm hiring! In the New Year, Cara Crowley Interiors and Events will be rebranding as Cara Crowley Creative. This move is the accumulation of 20 years of hard work. I will still be designing interior spaces for residential clients and still be producing events that have a heartbeat for what matters most in life. The name change will encompass new professional opportunities and allow us to grow without limitations. Plus, I love alliterations ;)
The Cara Crowley Creative brand is friendly, community based, family-oriented and built upon warmth and grace for helping people design the lives that they dream about through clean, beautiful design, products and content. The position that is open is basically for my right hand person, my Mary Poppins, a Jill (or Jack) of all trades. CCC is a small, grassroots type of business where each person must wear many hats. I’ve done my best to outline the responsibilities that this position will eventually grow into. I am currently opening this position up to 4-8 hours per week but the exciting part of this position is that it has the opportunity to grow into a full time position, based upon stellar performance.
Applicants must be motivated self-starters, highly attentive to detail, be exceptional friendly, have excellent communication skills, comfortable with fast paced processes and deadlines. A warm, personal demeanor is essential. In short, I’m looking for someone who is happy; who loves and can execute clean, classic, personal design and most importantly, someone who will be a wonderful, authentic representation of the brand.
The person best fit for this position must possess these traits:
- A motivated self starter
- Has a positive attitude and works well collaboratively
- Is professional, has a kind, friendly and positive demeanor, energetic, organized, detailed and solution oriented and personable
- Is an early adopter of new technology
- Has a willingness to learn and ask questions and research to resolve issues
- Has a love for helping people, homes, families, community, good food and design
- Loves the Sacramento region
- Has experience with marketing/marketing strategy, content production, editorial calendar and production calendars
- Enjoys and is knowledgeable in the world and community of social media - Instagram, Twitter, YouTube specific
- Has experience with working with media outlets and/or is willing to learn
- Has experience pitching ideas and content to larger companies and media outlets such as blogs, magazines and television
- Knowledge of basic camera and tech skills
- Experienced with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign CS5
- 4-8 hours a week, ideally one or two afternoons a week, in person
- Local position to the Sacramento, CA area. I am ideally looking for someone who is local and lives within 10-15 minutes of Midtown Sacramento. I would be open to this being a remote position IF it was the right person.
- Must have consistent and reliable access to Internet, phone and email, with a quiet space available to return phone calls and/or FaceTime meetings
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Manage, track and grow campaigns, programs and relationships with local and national companies
- Collaborate with clients and other businesses to create well-timed social campaigns to promote events, new products and new features
- Create in-office imagery and help with product styling
- Respond to customer service inquiries via social media and email with a positive and friendly voice
- Outline and schedule editorial content for blog and social media posts
- Track our social media analytics and use the data to guide new efforts
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Have reliable and consistent transportation
- Must be able to begin working the week of January 4, 2016. Although, if I found the right person and schedule permitted, I have work available starting December 18, 2015.
- Must be able to commit to 2-3 interviews (including at least one in person interview)
- Contracted Position, $10-15 per hour depending on experience
- 4-8 hours per week, fluctuating at certain parts of the year
If this sounds like you and you'd like to apply for the position, please send an email to caracrowleycreative (at) gmail (dot) com with your application and a cover letter telling me why you're perfect for this role. Please include examples of your work or link to your portfolio. Include a link to your Instagram only if you use it to show your work. I currently do not use Facebook so please do not include Facebook links. Please be sure to let your personality and talent shine through! Applications will be accepted until February 27, 2016.